The Boxing Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calumpa Lost

5 posters

Go down

Calumpa Lost Empty Calumpa Lost

Post  Darren Mon May 04, 2009 7:29 pm

Calumpa lost his fight on sunday 3rd May at the tower ballroom in birmingham to the number 1 ranked mohammad husian from northside abc.

In only his second fight calumpa was matched with the much more experienced husian.
But by no means was he out classed by husian in fact he only lost the contest by 2 points.
After having points deducted by the ref for his mouthpiece coming out 3 times during the bout calumpa can still take a lot from the fight.

As his coach i have to take the responsability for this if the mouthpiece had not come out he would have won the bout but we all live and learn and i will ensure he has a custom fitted mouthpiece for his next fight. Embarassed

Some people may think calumpa should not have gone against such an experienced opponent in only his second fight!?
Maybe he should have had an easier fight against someone with similar experience to himself!?

Again this is down to me i truley believe this was a perfect match for him and as i said before if the points were not deducted he would have won.
I dont believe it helps a fighter to grow and improve if he is given easy opponents just to give them perfect records so i stand by the decison to match calumpa against husian and i will be looking to get a rematch ASAP.
Darren
Darren
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Calumpa Lost Empty Re: Calumpa Lost

Post  dannybox Wed May 13, 2009 5:18 pm

Why does everyone think this kid is so special?
what he got that makes him "the next big thing" ?
answer me that!

dannybox
Fly weight
Fly weight

Back to top Go down

Post  Darren Wed May 13, 2009 11:50 pm

by dannybox on Wed May 13, 2009 3:18 pm

Why does everyone think this kid is so special?
what he got that makes him "the next big thing" ?
answer me that![quote]

At the moment he has got everything it takes to be a top pro.
Skill,determination,desire,willingness to learn,passion ect,ect.
No one is saying he is going to be the next big thing it is more a question than a statement.
Many factors could change the course of his life he is still young after all.
All that is really being said is he is one to watch and in the future he could be the next big thing!?
If he wants it and works hard enough for it anything is possible??
Darren
Darren
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  orthodox Sat May 23, 2009 2:16 am

Amature boxing is just a stepping stone in a young boxers life.

Amature records mean nothing fights won / lost who cares? If you win the ABA title then you have achieved something in the amature game.

Not even world/commonwealth or olympics wins mean that much apart from making you more marketable to the promotors in the pro game as it is not always the best in the country that get picked to represent their country due to politics and faces not fitting.Its more corupt than the pros.
Bais judges/refs/officals.

So i say calumpa ply your trade in the amatures use it to gain experience if you can win titles and make the olympics then do it just so that when you decide to turn pro you can make bigger money from the get go,just look at the deals degal and co got,will they all be world champions i doubt it maybe one will the rest will be left with british/european titles if they are lucky.But they got good money right from the start where as most pros have to start off fighting for peanuts whilst trying to train and prepare for fights while working fulltime jobs.
Forget any lost fights just learn from them and remember what the end goal is.
You seem to be getting promoted very well already as an amature i dont know of any other amature getting treated like this and if you get a big following in the ams it will only grow in the pros and that means you will be more marketable and earn better money.

orthodox

Back to top Go down

Post  onetowatch Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:43 pm

Thats a good shout.

onetowatch
Fly weight
Fly weight

Back to top Go down

Post  latinoman Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:02 pm

if calumpa is the next big thing then who will he take on next
if he wants to become professional i think he needs to get more experience and not take this loss as a bad thing but as a learning experience!
darren whens his next fight and who is he facing?

latinoman

Back to top Go down

Post  Darren Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:51 pm

latinoman wrote:if calumpa is the next big thing then who will he take on next
if he wants to become professional i think he needs to get more experience and not take this loss as a bad thing but as a learning experience!
darren whens his next fight and who is he facing?

Your right you learn more from your losses than your wins and the amatures is the place to get this experience.

For Calumpa's next fight which will be the first of the new season he has asked if i can match him up against muhammad hussain the lad he lost to last season.He wants to answer his loss straight away and prove that the last time he could have won if he had not lost points for his mouthguard.
So if we can get the fight that will be his next one Exclamation
Darren
Darren
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down