The Boxing Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marcel Douglas

3 posters

Go down

Marcel Douglas Empty Marcel Douglas

Post  Darren Mon May 04, 2009 8:22 pm

Marcel had his first amature contest on sunday 3rd May at the tower ballroom in birmingham.

Marcel fought well against a lad from northside abc who had a record of 3 wins and 1 loss.

Marcel won the first round but began to tire in the second this was not down to fitness as Marcel is one of the fittest in the gym but he was mentally tired being his first contest that is understandable and he will learn from the experience although he adjusted quiet well in the 3rd he didnt queit do enough to get the decision.
One of the judges came up to me at the end of the contest and said that the better boxer lost due to poor fitness.As i said Marcel is fit in the gym he spars 3 min rounds he only fought 2 min rounds so physical fitness was not the issue it was down to mental tiredness.This is one area that we did not prepare for in the gym its difficult to train against but its something i need to address and as the coach the buck stops at me.
Although taking the fight in to account it was a very close contest Marcel was not out classed in any way shape or form and could have got the decision if the nerves had not taken over.
Marcel will learn from this experience and will improve because of it.
Darren
Darren
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Marcel Douglas Empty Re: Marcel Douglas

Post  billy wiz Tue May 26, 2009 4:32 pm

This is a guy im going to look out for.

Its good to see that the boxing academy has more guys in the gym than the calumpa kid.

billy wiz

Back to top Go down

Marcel Douglas Empty Re: Marcel Douglas

Post  Calumpa Sun May 31, 2009 10:46 am

Marcel's a great fighter!
Come and see for yourself guys.
peace
Calumpa
Calumpa
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down